Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What do you stand for?

Today, I had a lot of time to think. I came home and wrote this in my journal..

09/02/08 1:26 PM
"I want to stand for something. Be it God, Humans, Animals, Law, Government.. Anything. Well, not necessarily anything at all. It has to be something I feel strongly about and can really relate to. I don't want to be another apathetic young teenager. An AMERICAN. I want to believe in something because I look around me every day and all I see is iPods and big rims.. Hair-Dos and Venti Lates.. Don't get me wrong though, anyone can enjoy these things but it seems that this is all my generation cares about. I don't want to be consumed by consumerism. Every day people would rather watch reality tv than inform themselves on whats happening in our world. I'm not saying I'm not guilty, but at least I can acknowledge it. I'm not going to be a blind sheep. I have to become active and keep learning everything I can."

Basically, I'm sick of not caring. I want to know why things are the way they are.. I don't want to live and die. I want to live for something.

Maybe I sound dumb, but It's my blog and its what I've been thinking about latley.

2 comments:

dominique said...

i agree.

youll do big things tho.
trust

Anonymous said...

You write so beautifully Martin.
very moving.
You deserve a gree bowl of oat meal for that.




jackie