Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Turbol" Canyon



This Saturday was kicked off really early. Aiden, Nicky, and I woke up at 6:30 to get ready for a bike ride up Turnbull! It's weird though because when I tell my body I need to wake up, I wake up at least 5 minutes before my alarm. It's always sweet and I'm never as tired when my body does it on its own. Anyway, we woke up, made a quick smoothie, got ready, and took off.

It was pretty chilly at first, but as we got up to the base of the mountain it got nicer. Nicky and I were expecting it to be like a Lord of the Rings adventure but it seriously took us about 30 minutes to get to the top. On the way up we saw some 50 year old asian guy in a fast car zoom up and down about 5 times. I personally believe he was on some sort of drugs and had not slept all night. That's just my theory though.

Near the top, we got some sweet photos and then went down the other side to get Julian! Aiden pooped at his house and then all 4 of us took Colima back into Whittier. That hill is really fun. If you catch the green light at Mar Vista you can coast through the whole thing.

For breakfast we went to Panera and got bagels. The CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGEL is the best bagel I've ever had in my entire life. I will for sure be going more often. We cruised back to Aiden's after that and got my stuff to go home.

All in all, it was a really sick morning. Biking is amazing and I seriously don't ever plan on getting tired of it. I love it!

No comments: